St. Laurence Day
August 9, 2020
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Location: 519 N. Kimball Avenue, Southlake, Texas 76092Category: Fellowship
St. Laurence Day is August 9 and we’ve come up with some creative ways to celebrate. Even though we can’t have our normal picnic, we’re still celebrating the founding of St. Laurence Church 69 years ago! Worship services at 8:30 and 10:45am will be held as usual in the morning, and then from 12:00-1:00pm we’re inviting everyone to a drive-by festival-type event in the Church parking lot. Stay in your car and move through the following stations:
- St. Larry’s Burnt Offerings BBQ Team has offered to keep up the BBQ tradition and smoke brisket, sausage and chicken and make them available for pick up so you can have your St. Laurence Day picnic at home! All proceeds will go to support our fellow Christians in the Diocese of Northern Malawi.
- Carter Blood Care will have a mobile unit on site throughout the day so you can donate blood. Our area hospitals are in great need of blood right now and we thought this would be a wonderful opportunity to help out. You will be able to sign up for a time spot ahead of time and come at your appointed time to safely donate.
- Children’s Director Megan Mecca and Youth Director Katie LaPenna will have a station with items and handouts especially geared to kids and families.
- Our Clergy will have a station where you can drive by and pick up a devotional booklet we’ve put together with prayers and readings to help during the pandemic. You can also talk with them about specific prayer requests for your family and receive a blessing.
- We didn’t forget our annual stadium cup! We’ll be handing those out and maybe a little something else as well!