Stay Home, Stay Safe
We will gather again for worship as soon as the shelter at home restrictions are lifted.
We are Praying For You
We are absolutely praying for each one of you and for a quick end to this pandemic. If you are sick, anxious, depressed or in need of help, please reach out to us and one of our clergy will contact you. The Church phone is being forwarded and emails will be answered. The office phone is 817-481-3335 and the email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please continue to check in on those folks you know who may be alone or vulnerable.
Much is Available for You Online
Many of our normal activities and lots of new ones are now available online for you to participate in. Staying connected with each other has always been a huge priority at St. Laurence and now even more so. We invite you to join us online.
Worship and Spiritual Discussions
- Gospel Reflections, weekdays at 11:00am, Facebook Live
- Zoom Bible Reflections, Sundays at 10:00am. Fr. Jordan will lead a Sunday School type teaching on the Acts of the Apostles and then we will have a time for fellowship. Register for Zoom first here, then the link to the Sunday session is here. See bottom of email for YouTube tutorial on how to use Zoom.
- Compline on Zoom, Mondays at 8:00pm. Anyone wanting to participate in and learn Compline (prayers for the end of the day) is asked to contact Cherie here and she will send you the zoom link.
Choir Activities with John Heimel
- Canterbury Choir meets Wednesdays at 6:30pm on Zoom. John Heimel will lead them in singing, a little music education and fun.
- St. Laurence Chorale is meeting on Zoom Wednesdays at 7:30pm to socialize.
- Contact John Heimel here for more info.
Youth Activities with Katie LaPenna
- Sr. High Youth are meeting on Zoom Sundays at 5:00pm
- Jr. High Youth are meeting on Zoom Wednesdays at 5:00pm
- Contact Katie LaPenna here for more info.
Children’s Activities with Megan Mecca
- Bible Story Time, Mon, Wed and Fri at 3:00pm, FaceTime Live. Megan will read a Children's Bible Story and have a fun time with the kids.
- God Squad Zoom Session, Thursdays at 4:00pm
- Virtual Playdates on Zoom. A social time for the kids to get together online and talk, be goofy and laugh. If interested, contact Megan Mecca.
- Preschool age - Mondays at 4:00pm
- Kinder/1st grade - Tuesdays at 4:00pm
- 2nd/3rd grade - Wednesdays at 4:00pm
- Contact Megan Mecca here for more info or to join a Virtual Playdate
Parent’s Day Out and Preschool Activities with Cherie Bennett
- Circle Time Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00am on FaceTime Live
- SeeSaw lessons at various times during the week. These are interactive lessons in literacy, science and math that are perfect for preschoolers. Email Cherie Bennett if interested.
- Learning B YouTube channel with Cherie leading the children in activities and experiments
- Contact Cherie Bennett here for more info or to join SeeSaw lessons
Need Help Setting Up Zoom?
We are doing lots of gatherings using Zoom and we want everyone to be included. You can use it on your computer, tablet or smartphone. You do need to register one time only on Zoom's website and then you can join in any of the meeting sessions. Registering is free and easy. Register here. If you are unfamiliar with Zoom and not sure how to use it, here's a YouTube video that will walk you through the process: Zoom YouTube Tutorial.